Sunday, January 10, 2010

The Screen to Table Project

Have you ever watched a movie that made your mouth water and gave you the urge to grab an apron? Well I have! For this January Term I've decided to undertake a project to combine two of my favorite activities - cooking and cinema. Throughout the month I will watch movies from the food film genre and later cook recipes inspired by the dishes on screen.

The List for Consideration
(No promises. I doubt I'll get to all of them):

The Big Night
Under the Tuscan Sun
Dinner Rush
Eat, Drink, Man, Woman
Tortilla Soup
Ratatouille
What's Cookin'?
The Waitress
Julie & Julia
Bella Martha
Chocolat
Simply Irresistible
Like Water for Chocolate
No Reseravations
Babette's Feast
The Last Holiday
The Cook, the Thief, His Wife, and Her Lover
Woman on Top
Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory

From homeade pasta in The Big Night to Mole Chicken in Chocolat I'll share my favorite recipes from screen in this blog, as well as my take on the films themselves. I hope you enjoy and maybe grab an apron yourself!

1 comment: